Tuesday 5 October 2010

LIIAR interpretation of the brief!

The Brief:


Preliminary exercise: using DTP and a image manipulation program, produce the front page of a new school/college magazine, featuring a photograph of a student in medium close-up plus some appropriately laid-out text and masthead. Additionally you must produce a mock-up of the layout of the contents page to demonstrate their grasp of DTP.

Audience
The audience of the magazine will be for Wyke College students, and it could also be for people interested in enrolling at the college in the future to get a feel for what college life is going to be like at Wyke. Students would read the magazine for information on any events coming up at the college. The magazine will need to follow the needs of Wyke students by being eye-catching.

Institution
The producer of the magazine cover and contents page will be myself. This will be ideal as I'm a student of the college so I know what students will want in a college magazine. I can also ask students what they think of the cover/contents page before submitting the work.

Language
Media terminology. For example, medium close-up and masthead. We will be using medium close-up shots on our magazine. I will attempt to make my magazine cover eye-catching and interesting. I will use a medium shot of the second team football captain as my digital image to portray my theme of sport at the college.

Ideology -
the opinions, beliefs and ways of thinking characteristic of a particular person, group, or nation.
  I'm hoping to promote a positive image of college in my magazine cover and contents page. I want students to take pride in the magazine as it's a product of the college and informs everyone at the college whats going on.




Representation - How things are portrayed to the target audience. Media texts are artificial versions of reality so I want my magazine to relate to actual college life as much as possible. I think this will be easy achievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment