Tuesday 16 November 2010

Liiar interpretatation of the brief.

L - What does each of your products need to contain e.g. The front page will need to have a masthead etc (list the conventions that are relevant to each product). Which camera angles do you think would be most effective for each of the products? Any ideas of colour schemes that will help you to create a house-style?
I - Perhaps you could pretend that you are producing a magazine for an existing publisher, whose other publications have something in common with yours / are totally different to yours (gap in the market)
I - What message / moral / values do you intend your magazine to convey about your chosen music genre and your target audience?
A - Briefly outline the target audience (you can develop it later when you've made more decisions)
R - How do you intend your target audience / artists / music genre to be represented? i.e. positively / negatively / accurately / stereotypically / unconventionally? etc.


Language: My music magazine cover will require an eye-catching masthead which will be a main selling point for the magazine. I will use a mid shot for my main image, as this is one of the main conventions of an image on the front of a music magazine cover. I will use a consistent house style throughout the front cover, contents page and double page to give my magazine a professional look and I  want my colour scheme to be sleek and sophisticated.

Institution- The institution of a magazine is the producer who publishes the magazine. The institution of Q magazine is Bauer Media for example. These different institutions are always competing to make their magazines better than other competitors on the market. I will look to fill a gap in the music magazine market in order to appeal to my target audience.

Ideology- Every magazine on the market has a set of morals, values and messages which they try to portray within their magazines. I want my magazine to give off a positive image about music, and in particular, the music genre i will be focusing on.

Audience- All magazines have particular audiences in which they target. Audiences are categorized into groups which are defined by age, gender, type and social class (A, B, C1, C2 and D and E). Music magazines also target specific genres within music to appeal to different interests customers have. NME have categorized there audience in to two groups: 'young socialites' and 'first time earners' and they have taken out a very detailed survey. This is what i plan to do so i can meet all my audience needs.

Representation- I want to give off a positive image on music in my magazine. I also want it to be intresting, and become a regular purchase for customers. I want my magazine to target my specific genre, rather than music in general. 

No comments:

Post a Comment